With a summer scorcher predicted, and temperatures in the 30s expected, your unit will be under increased pressure to maintain and reduce temperatures. To avoid potentially costly call-outs follow Blue Cube's summer tips below:
- Check condenser coils at the back of the unit aren't blocked or dirty. This may prevent enough air being circulated around the unit causing parts to overheat and not work to their optimum performance.
- Check there is no ice build up on the evaporator inside the unit. The area in which cold air is circulated into the unit can become built up with ice, which becomes a blockage to the cold air circulating keeping products cold. Running regular defrosts, and ensuring that any water is draining freely, will help to reduce any ice building up in your unit.
- Make sure to try and reduce door opening as much as possible. Doors openings allows warm external air to enter, meaning the unit has to work harder to cool more air. Although some door openings can't be avoided to add and remove stock, try and keep these to a minimum in warm weather.
- Ensure strip curtains provided are still in place. Although they can seem like a pain to work around, strip curtains are vital in helping to retain cool air within the unit during door openings. They also go some way to blocking warm air from entering the unit.
- In warmer weather it's especially important to make sure you follow the 'Daily Operation Checks'. These are provided to you when you first receive the unit, and many of our units have them written on them with stickers. But if you would like this sent to you then please don't hesitate to contact us.
For any further advice about how to prepare for the warm weather please don't hesitate to contact our Service Department on 0333 3202 620.